Invitation to Tender Sydney Sixers BBL|08 Event Presentation Agency
The Sydney Sixers have an exciting opportunity for an innovative, enthusiastic and experienced Agency to further develop and grow Event Presentation offering at the Sydney Sixers’ seven (7) Home matches in BBL|08.
We are looking to partner with a dynamic, industry leading event presentation agency who has a global understanding of best practice with brand new ideas to bring to the table to create a unique, one-of-a-kind experience for Sixers fans.
The objective of this Tender is for the Sydney Sixers to partner with an organisation that can offer both content creation and at match delivery of the Event Presentation program which fits in with the BBL Event Presentation Guidelines (details below).
Event Presentation Critical Success Factors
The Sydney Sixers brand reflects the best things about Sydney’s summer lifestyle:
- The beaches
- The Harbour
- Being outdoors and active
The Sydney Sixers are an innovative and industry-leading brand and the match day presentation should reflect this. We are keen to explore new match day technologies that can bring the consumer closer to the action.
Each match will be themed, with themes to be determined once the draw has been released. However, themes will include Christmas, Beach Party, the Sydney Smash and Sixers Can, You Can (Charity partnership with the Sony Foundation).
Our focus for BBL|08 and WBBL|04 event presentation is:
- Know the Sydney Sixers brand and make sure it is applied to all facets of our match day
- Great customer service - working closely with the Sixers team to deliver a successful match day experience for our fans
- Use of vision screen and vision screen packages – interactive, engaging, innovative, fun, exciting, encouraging to watch from a fans perspective
- Music enhancement – hitting the mark with stings, tracks
- High Quality music operator
- Working with our experienced Ground Announcer/s
- Working with our experienced on-field master of ceremonies (MC)
- Fan engagement for all ages, cultures, which will bleed through broadcast
- Manage on ground entertainment (pre-match, innings break and other activities as required)
- Creation of fun, energising entertaining presentations for on ground entertainment
- Sponsor activations on field and in bowl
- Engage and work in sync with the broadcast team to ensure a seamless match day experience for all.
Event Presentation Guidelines
At the Sydney Sixers we have a unique opportunity to present our brand identity through creative, and engaging event presentation elements
Event Presentation Requirements
- Maintain a high energy atmosphere and engage the crowds
- Vision Screen content
- Music and interactive tracks (utilising the supplied music kit, content and specifications)
- Executing club, sponsor and Cricket Australia Competitions and activations on field and in bowl
- Manage variables at match, such as inclement weather and crowd management
- ▪Create engaging and entertaining content which reflects the Sydney Sixers brand; content which drives the passion of the Sixers fan.
- ▪Work with the Sydney Sixers team to create an energetic atmosphere in and around the SCG
- ▪Create a fun, family atmosphere
- ▪Attract new fans
- ▪Clear knowledge of League and Club sponsor relationships and requirements
- ▪Generate interactive content for the Big Screen that engages spectators in the match
Conditions of the Tender Process
- All parties who submit a Tender will be notified via email and phone on 30th July 2018 the outcome of the process i.e. whether they were successful or not (see timeline details below).
- The agency will be asked to complete a 30-minute presentation which should reflect the event presentation they are proposing to undertake.
- The decision communicated in relation to any aspect of this process is final and the Sydney Sixers will not enter into any correspondence regarding the result.
- It is a condition of accepting the contract that the successful Agency will be required to sign an official contract.
- These rules are deemed to be accepted by all Applicants and by all persons having received or obtained the Expression of Interest.
Information to be provided in the response should include, but is not limited to:
- Highlight what unique quality your event agency would bring to the Sixers
- Outline previous experience you have in this arena i.e. venue, including venue staff integration, control room etc. including any references from previous work.
- Provide detail of the at match operating structure, including control room occupants, on field management and overall staffing and a summary of what your match day team would look like and their previous experience.
- Indicate knowledge of the venue – you will need to note any restrictions.
- Your Tender should outline planning for the seven (7) home matches, incorporating vision screen use, player use, Music Operator, Showcaller and how you would integrate our Sixers Ground Announcer and on field MCs, the look and feel, the energy which embodies Big Bash and how you can bring fresh, engaging and exciting ideas to the Sixers.
- Plot the journey of the fan to include each aspect of the at-match experience.
- Please present one match day theme-based concept (either existing or a new suggestion). See Event Presentation Critical Success Factors notes below.
- A budget should be prepared for a typical match day including agency fees, staffing, pyrotechnics, entertainers, audio visual requirements
- Additionally, please include a short response regarding WBBL event presentation at a suburban ground (such as North Sydney Oval), highlighting the ‘laid-back’ nature a suburban ground offers while combining with elements of the BBL. A budget should be included for this element also.
Responses are required by 5pm on Friday 20th July 2018 – no extensions will be granted.
Responses should be addressed to:
Events Manager – Cricket NSW & Sydney Sixers
PO Box 333
Paddington, NSW 2021
Submission of the Tender will also represent acceptance that you will present your Tender to the Sydney Sixers on Thursday 2nd or Friday 3rd August 2018.
|6th June||Release Tender|
|20th July||Submit Tender by Agency|
|30th July||Indication of pursuing the Tender by Sydney Sixers to agency (via phone call)|
|2-3 August||Presentations to be completed|
|10th August||Confirm agency to complete BBL|08 & WBBL|04 roll out|
|14th August||Contract Signed|
|December (TBC)||Execute 1st Sixers match|