There's no rest in Big Bash land, with all BBL clubs are now able to enter into agreements with players for the coming season, with contracting open as of 9am on Wednesday January 27.
There have been minimal changes to the process for BBL|06, with only two notable differences.
- The length of the first BBL trade period is now one month. In previous seasons it was just two weeks.
- The salary cap has increased by $100,000, meaning it now sits at $1,400,000.
BBL|06 KEY DATES
- January 27 – Contracting start date
- January 27 to February 26 – Trade period #1
- July 1 – BBL Round 1 contracting date
- At this time all BBL clubs must have contracted a minimum of 10 players
- November 14 to November 18 – Trade period #2
- December 2 – Contracting end date
- At this time all clubs must have completed their 18-player squads, including the Community and Development Rookie contracts
- December 6 – Supplementary list end date
SQUAD DETAILS FOR BBL|06
Salary Cap - $1,400,000
Number of contracts – 18
Number of Rookie contracts – 2
Maximum number of overseas players in 18-man squad – 2
Maximum number of replacement overseas players – 2