Who is running the competition?
The Promoter is New South Wales Cricket Association trading as Sydney Sixers (ABN 27 000 011 987), 6 Herb Elliott Avenue, Sydney Olympic Park, NSW, 2127.
When will the competition start and end?
The competition starts at 9:00am (AEDT) on 21/1/22 and ends at 12:00pm (AEDT) on 25/01/22 (the Competition Period).
Who can enter?
Entry is only open to NSW & ACT residents aged 18 years and over
Who can't enter?
Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
During the Competition Period and prior to the first ball (7.15pm) of the BBL ‘The Qualifier’ Final the entrant must comment on the (Guess the Biggest Six present by SIXT) post on either Sydney Sixers Facebook or Instagram account. The entrant within their comment must include the following details:
- The players name (first name, last name or both). Should two players in the team have the same first or last name you must include their full name in your entry;
- Distance of the six in meters; and
- Tag three friends.
This is only applicable for Sydney Sixers players, the opponent is not included in this promotion.
- The Qualifier – 22nd January 2022 at Marvel Stadium
How many winners will there be and how will they be chosen?
There will only be one winner for this match. The successful comment will be selected at 4:00pm (AEDT) on the relevant draw date at the Promoter's office, 6 Herb Elliott Avenue, Sydney Olympic Park, NSW, 2127. For prize details and the contact date, please see below. The Promoter will judge the distance of the biggest six hit by a Sydney Sixers player. Based on the comments on either the Facebook or Instagram post the Promoter at their discretion will judge whether the entrants have selected the correct player and the exact distance of the biggest six hit by a Sydney Sixers. Should there be multiple valid entries on either Facebook or Instagram as judged by the Promoter, one person will be selected randomly by the Promoter as the winner using the Microsoft RAND formula. If, on the date of a draw, no correct entries, insufficient entries or no sixes are hit by any Sydney Sixers player in respect of that draw then the competition will be cancelled.
Draw date and prize details
Draw Date: The Qualifier – 22nd January 2022 at Marvel Stadium
Prize Details: One (1) signed Sydney Sixers BBL team bat
Total prize pool
The total prize pool is $750
How and when will the winners be informed?
If you are a winner, you will be informed by direct message on either Facebook Messenger or Instagram within two days of the relevant draw.
If I win, when must I claim my prize?
You must accept / claim your prize by 9am (AEDT) within 5 business days of being notified as a winner.
What if I don't claim my prize on time?
If a prize has not been accepted or claimed by the relevant prize claim date and time above, or if, after making all reasonable attempts, the Promoter can't contact the drawn winner (or the drawn winner does not contact the Promoter) by the relevant time and date specified above, the relevant entry will be discarded and on the 6th business day after the original draw date, the Promoter will re-award the relevant prize to the next person should there be another valid enter. Should there be multiple valid entries as judged by the Promoter, one person will be selected randomly as the winner by the Promoter using the Microsoft RAND formula. If you are a winner, you will be informed by direct message on either Facebook Messenger or Instagram within two days of the relevant draw.
- Your entry must be received during the Competition Period and prior to the first ball for each BBL match the entrant must. Your entry is deemed to be received only when the comment is posted on the Promoter's Facebook or Instagram account. The Promoter is not liable for any problems with communications networks. You are responsible for your own costs associated with entering. If you enter using automatically generated entries or multiple phone numbers or aliases you may be disqualified.
- The Promoter is not responsible for any dispute between you and any person with whom you choose to, or choose not to, share a prize.
- If you or another prize participant cannot attend an event awarded as part of a prize on the date and time chosen, the Promoter will not be liable.
- If you are a winner, you (and your companions participating in a prize, and any other prize participants) must take part in all publicity, photography and other promotional activity as the Promoter requires, without any compensation. You (and your companions and other prize participants) consent to the Promoter using your names, images and any material posted by you and/or your companions to be used in any promotional or advertising activity, including on its Website and on social media.
- In order to participate in the activities awarded as part of some of the prizes, participants may be required to comply with any applicable conditions (e.g. fully vaccinated). Prize participants (and, if aged under 16 years, their parent/guardian) must ensure that they are healthy and fit enough to take the prize.
- If you or your entry are deemed by the Promoter to breach these Terms and Conditions including if you are unable to take a prize at the date/time/location specified, your entry (or at the Promoter's discretion, all of your entries) may be discarded.
- The Promoter may, at any time, require an entrant, winner or any prize participant to produce documentation to establish to the Promoter's satisfaction the validity of their entries and right to a prize (including documentation establishing your identity, age, place of residence). Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not waive those rights.
- You must not:
(a) tamper with the entry process;
(b) engage in any conduct that may jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the competition;
(c) act in a disruptive, annoying, threatening, abusive or harassing manner
(d) do anything that may diminish the good name or reputation of the Promoter or any of its related entities or of the agencies or companies associated with this competition;
(e) breach any law; or
(f) behave in a way that is otherwise inappropriate.
- You are responsible for your companion/s and your selected prize participants and the Promoter may disqualify all entries from, and prohibit further participation in this competition by, you or any or all of your companion/s or prize participants if any of them breaches these conditions, whether or not legally bound by them.
- If you (or your companion/s or your selected prize participants, if applicable), in the opinion of the Promoter, are intoxicated, under the influence of alcohol or any other drug, behave aggressively or offensively, or behave in a manner which may diminish the good name or reputation of the Promoter or any of its related entities or the agencies or companies associated with this competition, is contrary to law or is otherwise inappropriate, the Promoter may cancel the prize or restrict you (and your companion/s and prize participants) from participating in any elements of the prize, at its discretion.
- The Promoter is not liable for entries, prize claims or correspondence that are misplaced, misdirected, delayed, lost, incomplete, illegible or incorrectly submitted.
- The Promoter's decision in connection with all aspects of this competition is final.
- Without limiting any other term of these Terms and Conditions, all prizes (and elements of prizes) must be taken as and when specified, or will be forfeited with no replacement. The prize values are correct as at the date of preparing these Terms and Conditions and include any applicable GST. The Promoter is not responsible for any change in prize value. You agree that if a prize (or element of a prize) is unavailable for any reason the Promoter may provide another item of equal or higher value, subject to any necessary approval by the state/territory gaming authorities.
- By entering, you request that your full address not be published.
- By accepting your prize, your companion/s and your selected prize participants accept these Terms and Conditions.
- If this competition cannot run as planned for any reason beyond the Promoter's control, for example due to software, hardware or communications issues, unauthorised intervention, tampering, fraud or technical failure, the Promoter may end, change, suspend or cancel the competition or disqualify affected entries/entrants, subject to any necessary approval by the state/territory gaming authorities.
- The Promoter is not responsible for any tax implications arising from you winning a prize. You should seek independent financial advice. If for GST purposes this competition results in any supply being made for non-monetary consideration, you must follow the Australian Taxation Office's stated view that where the parties are at arm's length, goods and services exchanged are of equal GST inclusive market values.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions restricts, excludes or modifies any consumer rights under any statute including the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth).
- Subject to the previous paragraph, the Promoter and the agencies and companies associated with this competition are not liable (including in negligence) for any loss (including indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury, illness or death suffered in connection with this competition or any prize, except for any liability which under statute cannot be excluded (in which case that liability is limited to the greatest extent allowed by law).
- Without limiting the previous paragraph, the Promoter and the agencies and companies associated with this competition are not liable for any loss of, damage to or delay in delivery of prizes. Prizes will only be delivered to addresses in Australia.
- This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook or Instagram. You completely release Facebook and Instagram from any and all liability.
Collection and use of your personal information